“I’m thankful for a silly dog, new opportunities and a supportive wife and family.” — Patrick O’Connor, Creative Assistant
“This year I am thankful to have my family so close during the holidays. I’m also thankful for Icy Hot as I am getting too old to play softball!” — Rick Claggett, Publisher
“I am thankful for my family, friends, and to finally be graduating from UCF.” — Dylan Drobet, Intern
“My family all lives far away, so I’m thankful for friends who feel like family.” — Jamie Hyman, Director of Online Media
“I am thankful for my job at Watermark, because it has put me in places and in touch with people that I would never have met otherwise.” — Bill Jeffries, Tampa Bay Account Manager
“I am thankful for the crazy randomness that has become my life recently. Thankful that I didn’t know what I was missing before or I would have been extremely disappointed.” — Kathleen Harper, Administrative Assistant
“I’m thankful we only have to do this list once a year.” — Steve Blanchard, Editor-In-Chief
“There is so much that I am thankful for that I can’t begin to list it all. I suppose some highlights include my faith, my wonderful spouse, that my mother continues to do well, my sister is in good health and that Carlos and I added Corey to our family recently.” — Mark Cady, Sales Director
“There is a lot to be thankful for this year. Although I broke my knee cap it could have been so much worse…and I did not have to have a full knee replacement. I have a great partner who loves me very much and took very good care of me while I was down and out.” — Sam Rennells, Orlando Sales Representative
“I’m really thankful that I get to write for a great publication like Watermark, and I’m thankful for coffee otherwise I don’t know how I’d make deadlines.” — Zach Caruso, Freelance Writer
“I’m extremely thankful to be graduating from UCF this December. It has been a long time coming, and I’m especially excited and thankful since I am the first to graduate from my family.” — Samantha Rosenthal, Editorial Assistant
“I’m Thankful for Tofurky. Now, I don’t feel like too much of an outsider on Thanksgiving.” — Danny Garcia, Orlando Sales Representative
“I’m thankful to my mother for passing on her optimistic, go-with-the-flow temperament… something I needed after the 2014 elections. I’m thankful for good health, great friends, nieces and nephews that make me laugh and keep me young, and my snoring pup.” — Tom Dyer, Founder
And last but not least, Watermark Creative Manager Jake Stevens submitted a Top Ten List of Thankfulness!
- Pants with elastic waistbands.
- My dog Charlie and my boyfriend Aaron (In that order).
- Wawa’s slow, but steady, domination of Central Florida. I welcome our convenience store conquerors with open arms.
- The 20th anniversary remastered re-release of Pantera’s Far Beyond Driven. It’s the only thing with the power to drown out the cacophonous dry-heaving that Taylor Swift insists we recognize as “music.”
- Joe Saunders. He may not be in Tallahassee for the next term, but I know that isn’t going to stop his fight for us.
- Eric Rollings, because at least one person I voted for had to win and I’m glad it was him.
- We are just one Pam Bondi away from marriage rights. It may not seem like something to be thankful for, but remember that we had to go through an Anita Bryant, a Rhonda Storms, a George Rekers, a Bill McCollum, and tons of others just to get to this point.
- Lee Vandergrift. He is an incredible photographer and lets me exploit his talent any time I get a crazy idea.
- Elected office term limits. Florida governors can only hold office for two consecutive terms and then must take a term off. So, we know that we only have another 4 years of Rick Scott and then that Medicare defrauding piece of Harryhausen animation has to go take a hike.
- Seats on an airplane that recline. I really don’t care that pisses you off. ‘Murica.