Jack Mackenroth, openly HIV-positive model and star of Project Runway has teamed up with gay social media app Moovz to raise money for HIV/AIDS organization Housing Works as we head towards World AIDS Day on December 1. The new campaign combats the “Are you clean?” stigma.
According to HousingWorks.org the instructions to participate are as follows:
1) Take a selfie or Vine video of yourself in the shower.** NO EXPLICIT NUDITY**
2) Post your photo on Moovz and all social media platforms with the caption “Take HIV Shower Selfie Challenge raise $$ for AIDS cure bit.ly/CUREAIDS #weareALLclean”
3) Challenge 3 or more other people to participate!
4) (Optional) DONATE!! Please consider a small donation if you are able. Every penny counts!
5) On World AIDS Day: Monday, December 1st, please change all your social media profile pix to your shower selfie photo and spread the word!!
Participants are encouraged to use #WeareALLClean on all social media as well.
There is a fundraising goal of $1 million.
“I truly hope this campaign goes viral—no pun intended.” Mackenroth quipped to HousingWorks.org
The campaign launches between now and World AIDS Day, December 1st and is ongoing until the goal is reached. The hope is that there will be traction in the following weeks so that people know about the campaign on World AIDS Day and change their profile photos to show support.